Friday, June 24, 2011

Do you believe in Capitalism?

It has been interesting since I came to Singularity U.  I think I am undergoing lots of personal transformations. 

Over the past two days, there were three talks on economics, finances and entrepreneurship.  The undercurrent of those talks, to me, is at best about personal gratification. the challenge. the exhilarating feeling of triumph over oneself.  

but eventually it just comes down to....$$$

So do I believe in Capitalism?  I think money is necessary, but it is not why we are living this very existence. It is the people. People make us who we are. It is every being in this entire universe.

So the usual contention is that of Friedman and he would say, without competition that inherent within a capitalist society, it is difficult for people to grow and develop themselves.  And of course, I disagree. I believe the motivation from which one draws determines the direction of our lives. Andrew Carnegie said, "There is little success where there is little laughter."

I appreciate these opportunities to learn about myself and transform my life. There is noting more important than  personal transformation. That's the only way we can change the world.

I was thinking a lot how to enhance means of communication. How people's hearts can connect. empathy (compassion). sincerity. mutual respect. wisdom. strive.

Have a great day/night!

No comments:

Post a Comment