Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Innovation...predefined

omg. I think I just heard the most intellectually stimulating talk since I came here. Astro Teller, the Director of Google Labs, talked about how to innovate. I think he's an insane person. I love it though. 
  • 100*Innovation(1) >> 1*Innovation(100)
  • !Understand Details + !Delegate -> !Innovation
  • Innovation(someone) >> Innovation(everyone) >> Innovation(no one)
  • !Story -> !Innovation
  • Effort(Innovation_V2.0) < Effort(Innovation_V1.2)
  • ∆(Assumptions) -> Innovation
  • P(Innovation I Bob) > P(Innovation I Idea_Z)
  • Innovation(story) = Benerfit(vision) + Product(vision) + How(vision) + WhyNow(vision)
  • Idea transplant -> Innovation
  • New tools + New Metrics -> Innovation
  • CleanUp(painful work arounds + rule breaking) -> Innovation
  • Innovation(speed) ~ 1/MediocreProjects(half life)
  • Rebuild = Innovate
  • Technology Judo >> Technology Kung Fu
  • ∆(Assumptions) 10% > Innovation > ∆(Assumption) 1%
ok I am a nerd, ok? well i love it because his presentation challenges me to THINK. outside. the. BOX. outside the framework that we are comfortable with. outside of what we were taught to believe. or what we have come up with to ensure the significance of our existence. which is nothing. because. we live by living. we live together with everyone. so the constant demand to be recognized, to be satisfied through the compensation, rewards and fame, is challenged. I love his concept. 


He tries to make people remove the superficiality of things that we possess, uphold and live by. We should live to create. just for the sake of creating. for others. for something greater than us. Paul Tillich said, "To what ends do we as human beings live?" It is to actualize the power to create beyond oneself without losing oneself.


when it is about me and MY idea, I am no longer innovative.



Tell me a problem.
Tell me a product or service that will release that problem.
Tell me what’s hard about it.
Tell me how we’re gonna make this.
Tell me why it didn’t happen three or four years ago.  what’s the secret weapon?


Get ready, Astro. I will bombard you with 100 of my stupid ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment