Monday, July 25, 2011

The half-way point

So a few days ago, I had to give my very first ignite presentation. 20 slides in 5 mins. I presented my PhD research. It went really well.

It's been about 5 weeks since I came here. 5 more weeks to go. Again, being the kind of person who is extremely attached to people as I am, I can foresee myself missing these people so much. I am continuing to learn from those around me. They complete me. Somehow, I feel that way.

Team project is going quite well. We have a very good team packed with many passionate people. I think because of this, many more people would love to join our team. I have to chant for everyone's victories and happiness. No matter how different our personalities may be, we will all have to be able to work well together and enjoy ourselves in the process. I take it as my mission to create an environment where people can enjoy themselves at ease and feel equally precious.

We are looking at the problem of transportation in places where there is no road infrastructure. We are thinking of using the flying drones to deliver medicine, supplies, etc. to places like Africa. Isn't it a radical idea? Well, it has to be. Otherwise, why are we even doing this.

Talking about being a radical. Yesterday was such an amazing day! We had a call regarding Our New Clear Future campaign for nuclear abolition. I realized the profundity of my role in the organization.


It amazes me when I chant how much impact I can create through my determinations. It takes a lot of courage to even dream of what kind of causes we are creating. There are so many governmental institutes, United Nations, many prestigious schools in the east coast. If just one person stands up, just one, what kind of impact can he/she make? Imagine there is another Pres. Ikeda in the east coast and he/she is then awakened to her mission. What kind of world he/she can create? It gives me so much joy to even attempt to fathom that. What a great mission I have!!

Towards the 55th founding of the Student Division in 2012, let's create Sensei's Student Division.

Win battles of speech through invincible bravery, faith and wisdom!!! "A sword is useless in the hands of a coward. The mighty sword of the Lotus Sutra must be wielded by one courageous in faith." -- Nichiren Daishonin

No comments:

Post a Comment