Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reflection

Waiting in San Francisco International Airport,  I am contemplating what it'd be like leaving SU. It's not easy I'd have to admit. Why is SU so special? When will I find myself among these many crazy people ever again in my life? The chance is highly unlikely.

I have never met so many people who share the same life philosophies that are not practicing Nichiren Buddhism with the SGI. No wonder that's what got us all here. We all want to help people. We are constantly asking ourselves if this is something that will feed those who are hungry around the world. How wonderful it is to be among these people! I only have 6 weeks left and I have to make the best out of it. My plan is to really immerse myself in learning and talking to these people as much as I can building a long lasting relationship through our shared vow throughout eternity.

I was particularly moved today when a friend of mine in the program showed me what he has written on his wall, literally on countless sheets of paper that he put up on the wall. It tells the story of how wonderful this person is. How fortunate I am to be able to encounter this wonderful person! I will not forget you, no matter what. Our hearts are always together when we walk the same path.

He turns his frustration into creation of something much greater than himself. I am amazed by the level of creativity and sincerity.  What a blessing for me to come across this kind of people! Anyways, it deeply touches my heart. It inspires me to dig even deeper than what I believe to be myself. He teaches me through his own actions how to be creative, to be oneself, and to explore the infinite possibilities of creation.

Many people have touched my life in the most profound way.  I have so many great girlfriends there that I am going to truly miss when I am gone. Olga, Miyeon, Justine, Monica, and many more. I remember how Olga asked me to do my nails for me just because I was going away. Or how Monica and I redetermined together while walking back from learning that bodies of soldiers just landed in NASA Ames, 3 mins walk away from our classroom. I would remember how respectful and loving my friend, Mi Yeon, is. She is my life. Justine, my little koala bear. How cute and sweet, and most of all truly humble person she is! She has taught me how to live with great respect and humility for every person. I love her! How lucky I am as a person who can encounter so many wonderful people! I am going to cry!

OK! Determination! I will come back and make sure we create wonderful memories that will last more than this single lifetime! I love you all! GSP11!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment