Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Light activated neurons

This is so cool! Today, we had 3 speakers to come talk about the current groundbreaking technologies in medicine and one of the speakers is working on Optogenetics, the field voted as the Method of the Year in 2010 by Nature Methods. It's a crazy and fun concept. Listen to Ed here. 


I can't believe I work next door to this guy for 2 years and never really had an in-depth conversation with him. He's amazing. Anyways, cool stuffs. We also saw things about medical robotics which I think are extremely outdated and not scalable. So meh. Another one was the real-time fMRI. I think this one also has the potential for exponential growth as well.  Exciting!!! I love hearing all these things. So fascinating.

An article on spatial pattern recognition

In the future, I think we are going to be able to control and enhance our brain! wooahhh

crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment